Club Chair B 3, 2nd Version

Marcel Breuer, 1926

Stiftung Bauhaus Dessau / © unknown
Clubsessel B 3, 2nd version, design: Marcel Breuer, 1926

[Translate to English:] Text

Marcel Breuer, the junior master and head of the Dessau furniture workshop appointed by Walter Gropius, designed the club chair B3 in 1926 as a “design for a new lifestyle”. It was later called the “Wassily chair” in reference to the revered master Wassily Kandinsky. The chair was part of the furniture collection designed for the Bauhaus Building in Dessau, which opened in 1926.

 

  1. Literature:
  2. Breuer, Gerda (2009): Vorzeigeobjekt des Neuen Wohnens. Marcel Breuers Clubsessel B 3, in Modell Bauhaus, hg. v. Bauhaus-Archiv / Museum für Gestaltung, Stiftung Bauhaus Dessau und Klassik Stiftung Weimar, Ausstellungskatalog, Ostfildern: Hatje Cantz, S. 203ff.

    More articles on this topic

    bauhaus100 Newsletter

    The bauhaus100 newsletter will be circulated from time to time with news about the Bauhaus Centenary 2019.

      To the top