National Launch of the Grand Tour of Modernism on 2 May 2019 in Bernau
The Grand Tour of Modernism combines architectural learning with the sensual experience of travel and literally grasping history and contemporaneity. The Bauhaus and Modernism sites selected by a jury have been linked to form a tour that can be completed by train, car or bicycle. We would like to invite you to the launch, where you can find out more about the Grand Tour of Modernism.
Place and Time
Bauhaus Denkmal Bundesschule Bernau
Hannes-Meyer-Campus 1 | 16321 Bernau
Donnerstag, 2. Mai 2019 | 11.30 Uhr
11.00 am – Entrance to MeyerWittwerBau
• Arrival of the Minister of State for Culture and Media, Prof. Monika Grütters,
• Arrival of the chairman of Bauhaus Kooperation Berlin Dessau Weimar, Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Holler,
• Arrival of the host and president of Handwerkskammer Berlin, Stephan Schwarz,
• Arrival of the mayor of Bernau, André Stahl.
• Photo opportunity and short joint tour of the grounds and building, ending in the auditorium.
11.30 am – Auditorium
• Greeting by the host, Stephan Schwarz, president of Handwerkskammer Berlin.
• Short speech by Prof. Monika Grütters, Minister of State for Culture and Media.
• Introduction by Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Holler, General Director of the Museums of the Klassik Stiftung Weimar and this year’s chairman of the Bauhaus Kooperation Berlin Dessau Weimar.
• Brief questions and answers session.
12.15 pm – Canteen
Guided architectural tour of the UNESCO World heritage Site Bundesschule Bernau.
Please sign up via the registration page
www.grandtourdermoderne/anmeldung by 26 April 2019.
If you have questions regarding the project and/or the event, please contact project manager
Antje Horn by telephone 03643 545 495 or email email@example.com.